So I’ve decided to go for the charity OCD IRELAND when it comes to my trip around the country in aiding my poetry promotion. It’s not going to be easy, but then when was something as good an idea as this ever. A good few people are already taking an interest, so as a result I am going to take them up on their offers to help me out. Suzanne Wawra – a Dublin-based artist from Germany – seems to know what to do when it comes to gaining promotion for said event. She also included her mental health issues when it came to her promotion of her art and on thinking about it some more this is probably a good thing to do because it does have a large par to play in my outlook, etc. Even if to a disastrous extent at times. It’s always going to be part of me, so I just need to accept it, get on with things and keep it down to a dull background noise as much as I can. Seeing as I was in hospital for treatment of my OCD for four months back in 2011, it would be nice to try and give something back to that profession and others that try to help people with mental health issues because I know just how horrific a feeling it can be when you are well and truly lost and trying as you might to get yourself out of it. So anyway, OCD IRELAND appeals to me because these people go about doing that, helping people in their lifelong fight against this particular mental illness, an illness still barely understood – Christ, I still find it hard to understand! I know there are many other amazing charities out there but I think this needs to be the one for me. Also I have been thinking about a name for the event and a working title came to mind, which means that it can be changed at any time up until the day of commencement: ‘Pen & notepad in one pocket, OCD in the other’. As I say, it’s only a working title and it will most probably change as I get closer to the day of reckoning. Excited about it all is one word I would use for sure.
- Funny how.. they stopped time with their mind/s
- “Hors d’Oeuvres All Round.”
- Eating these Sycamore~Syllables for a price of PRICEless freedomactuALLY // a d——ash of Beauty Gone Gorgeously AwRy
- When… TASTES tend toward~~
The Gooseberry at the Centre of it all . <
- Awfully fixated please – cigarette, beer, So effing near to catching the Sun’s cradled Conversation
- a thousand hole in ones inside of her head, even if: her mind is in the ditch and ducking for Dodgeballs sometimes
- A fraction of substantial, thank you
- Sending the army home for now and then
- Enthusiastically Slitting the Bad~Bastard’s throat and simultaneously smiling at the remote nature of it all – “maybe she needs to lighten up and light another fUmBlEdcigarette for fun”
- Sugar/Sugar… MAGICnatureDusT. “Make My Party: a BIG~fat~fuss(!!)”
- The 7-People They Met On Their Way To h€lL(ish happiness)
- A DreamSequence SoReal that No one E-V-E-R(…) getsTounderSTAND ~~ except for the man of many minds: it’s… fine
- Halfway between— Art&happenSTANCE. As his piano hands bark in STARK beWiLdEr
- Into the Arena We Went.. Searching for ALL $ort$ Of Sworn=IN Cacophony actually.
- Their remarkable state of extraordinarily EXTRAcurricular understanDING(!..!) When they surfed the surFACE OF THE sun// Icarus Had Nothing On Them
- Ten Truths and. A ticking time BOMB that will never go off
- Remembering instances of tWiStEd Demeanour. A created Kiss called Catastrophic happiness
- Lashings of ClaShInG ConVerSatiOnS. “She sits here and Hears-It-All Sink Inside (Of) Her equanimity ofMinD.” / a bridge between believing and being: bonkers about everything else.
- At the start of art there was a sellable disaster
- The scrutinyInvolved… the living, SeEthIng eyeballs of if All
- 5 Points of Inner~Interpretation.
- Creating Indisposable Dreams
- Circus says “Yes!”
- Words on Bathroom Walls
- Daft little Decisions of a PulSaTinG HuManBEiNg
- Anticipated Happiness – that tug~o~war WarBlInG
- The difference between: words and Dostoyevskian digits // it’s… a fairly… f*cking… mind pondering thing
- 30seconds to Talk
- Tarmac Tantrums: Wedged At The Seams
- Stretching their TruTh To Tend To Something (k)NEW .. with their signatures and fingerprints all over it
- Coupled with cReAtiOn, they are watching themselves go from: ”sleep to a-w-a-k-e again.”
- Blue Bird. For paradise. Lost? “Hell NAAAH(!)” -) just biding their time and minding their mind
- – hindsight HilariTy
- TacticallySPEAKING, “they’re about as Whip-smart as it CAN get.” Born to———breakeven with a state of mind that cannot find
- Their Hymn-sheet Seems To Have Their Own Worrisome Mind SomeTimes . // same hymn-sheet, Different DaZe //distracted by happenstance
- True_to_form phenomenal People.
Copyright © 2022 poetart. All rights reserved.